Thursday, December 7, 2017

Warm Holiday Wishes~You're as sweet as a cup of Hot Cocoa!


I'm excited to share a fun project I have been working on. I finished two weeks ago or so, but needed to go and buy the gift cards for the gift card holders, which turned out to be an adventure in and of itself! I'll share the story later in my post! This particular project was made because of the cute plastic insulated cups that I found at the Dollar Tree! I grabbed 6 of the cutest pattern and I was on my way! I knew that I could make a really cute Hot Chocolate inspired gift with these! 


 I don't think it's any secret that I am in LOVE with the Mugs and Kisses stamp set! I have used it quite a bit lately and I used it on THIS project! To me...it is one of those "perfect" sets; darling images, great fonts on the sentiments AND the sentiments SAY things that I want to use! For me, that is a "perfect" set! How about you? What is part of YOUR "perfect" set? 

To begin, I die cut 6 tags using the Snowflake Tag Sugar Cut and then used the coordinating stamp set called Christmas Tag Greetings for the stripes at the top. I used my paper crimper to create the red corrugated paper and attached that to the tag as well. The images are from the Mugs and Kisses stamp set and colored using copic markers. Once they were all colored, I die cut them using the coordinating Sugar Cuts. I added a dollop of Liquid Applique on the pom pom of the mallow's hat and heat it using my heat tool. I just this effect using these images! The sentiment is heat embossed using gold powder for some added shine. I also added some white Nuvo Drops for some added mallow-y detail!



I simply *had* to have this adorable Coffee Card Gift Holder from Honey Bee Stamps as soon as I saw THESE adorable creations from Dana Kirby! Thanks, Dana, for the fabulous enabling and for sharing! LOL! I knew that these would be the perfect companion gift to add with the dollar store insulated cups. The sentiment on the lid is stamped in red and then spritzed with some red ink using a color spritzing tool. As much as I wanted to corrugate the "slider" on the gift card holders, I HAD to resist because it would make them shrink in size and then it wouldn't fit around the cup. I used some inspiration from the actual insulated cup that I am using as the gift and added some Fair Isle stamping using the Fair Isle Motifs stamp set. I just love how it looks!


I love how the gift card just fits so perfectly inside and the "band" slides up so there isn't any glueing required! I mentioned earlier that I had an adventure getting the gift cards! I toyed around with the idea of getting Starbucks gift cards, but really wanted something to support a small business. There is a DARLING local shop called "Sips and Sweets" that I knew would be perfect for this gift. I headed there after I dropped my daughter off at dance because it is just down the street. I went through the drive-thru and ordered my gift cards. In the meantime, another patron that was INSIDE the shop bought the last of the gift cards, so I left empty handed! I called a few days later to find out if they had more, which they did. When I got there and the clerk handed me the gift cards, they said "Twisted Sugar". I was so befuddled! I thought it was called "Sips and Sweets"?!? I inquired with the clerk and he told me that another local shop a few cities away was going to sue them if they didn't change the name because it was too similar to theirs! Seriously???? So...my cute idea was thwarted! Oh well! Twisted Sugar it is! LOL!


Here is the gift all packaged up in a cello bag with the cute tag! I also added a green jingle bell to break up all of the red!

I also added a peppermint candy cane to add another festive touch. The insulated cups have a few packets of hot cocoa inside as well as a few Andes mints! Thanks for fluttering by!

3 comments:

Debra said...

These treats are just priceless! Love everything, from the tag to the bell. I think everything you make is just perfect! Do you ever have rejects lol? It's so funny about the name on the gift card, but it still fits with your treat for sure.

Kelly Lunceford said...

You are so sweet! Thank you for stopping by and for your sweet comment!

Becky (Cards by Becky) said...

Beyond adorable!

I was so touched when I came across your pic on Pinterest and then after reading your blog post...you made my month (scratch that, my year). I am a stamp and die designer for SugarPea Designs and I designed this SUGARPEA DESIGNS MUGS AND KISSES stamp set. I'm so honored that you liked the set and used it for your holiday goodies!

Happy Holidays!
Becky
www.CardsByBecky.blogspot.com