Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Color Throwdown Challenge #469 {The Coolest Person}

It has been so much fun being the Guest Designer for the Color Throwdown Challenge this month!  I just love the icy colors for this week's challenge! I was trying to think "outside the box" for this one, but in the end, the colors were just too perfect for a card like this!



My starting point was actually the Sugar and Spice Paper Pad and all of the fabulous pattern papers that fit in the color scheme. I just love this particular mix. Once I had my papers picked out, the rest was easy peasy! I chose to use this sweet little penguin from the Eskimo Kisses stamp set! He is just so adorable and such fun to color! I added some blue Martha Stewart Crafts Flocking that I have had for years to the pom pom and brim of his hat for some fun texture. He is colored using Copic Markers and then I added some Wink of Stella over the top and gave the feathers a coating of Nuvo Crystal Glaze. I chose the sentiment because it paired nicely with the "Happy" pattern paper that I used on the bottom portion and it is perfect for these cool, icy colors.

The zig zag edge on the bottom of the blue polka dot paper is cut using the Stitched Borders I Sugar Cut for some added interest. 

The snowflakes are die cut out of silver glitter paper using the Christmas Tag Greetings die set. I just how they look paired with the silver embossed sentiment.

The iceberg is stamped and heat embossed in silver onto vellum for a fun, icy look. You can see that I did the same thing on THIS card (you'll need to scroll down on that post to see it). Once it was embossed and die cut using the coordinating Sugar Cuts, I added some Nuvo Glaze and Wink of Stella for some realistic sparkle and shine. I had so much fun this week! Thanks for fluttering by!

6 comments:

Lesley said...

This is so cute and I love the colouring your did too, Kelly! This is one of my favourite colour combos! I love monochromatic blues!!

Vicki Finger said...

You have such style! I love always seeing what you have come up with.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Lesley!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Vicki! Thank you for leaving me such a sweet comment!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

This is a fantastic card !!

paperkicks said...

Beautiful card. Love all the layers...fantastic design!