Sunday, October 8, 2017

Sunshine after Rain

 Yesterday was World Cardmaking Day!! Did you get any cards made? I hope so! I sure did...I actually spent pretty much the entire day working on some fun projects that I can't share yet, but in the meantime, I thought I would share a simple card I made last weekend. I had a nice relaxing weekend last week and had some time to just create a few "thinking of you" cards and this is one of them.
 I'm still chiseling away at the pile of stamps I got for my birthday and Meadow Greens is one of them. I used one of the simple leaf images on THIS card, so I was excited to use more of the set on this card. I just love the style of the sentiments that are included in the set and the versatility.
 To begin, I sponged some yellow ink onto a piece of Bristol paper measuring 4 by 5 1/4 inches. I set it aside to dry while I die cut  some of the images that I was planning on using on my card. To be completely honest, I am not quite sure what this plant is that I used, but I thought it would look good in yellow! LOL! I arranged the die cuts onto the card front using foam squares.
 Once I had the floral image arranged like I wanted, I added the gold embossed sentiment strip and secured it on the back using scotch tape. I also added some white and clear Nuvo drops as well as a trio of gold sequins. This is a very simple card, but I like how it turned out. Thanks for fluttering by!

P.S. Join me tomorrow for a new Merry Monday Challenge!

2 comments:

Cindy Otto said...

Beautiful! I love the gold embossed sentiment on vellum. I always thought that flower reminded me of the dandelion, after it bloomed. The kind you blow the feathery seeds off! But, I’ve used several colors when creating with this set. Whatever suits your fancy, thanks for sharing.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a beautiful card, Kelly!