Monday, October 16, 2017

Merry Monday #261-Holiday Cheer







Hello and welcome to this week's Merry Monday Christmas Challenge! I am the host this week and have a fun challenge for you! There's something so magical about trimming the tree with all of the special ornaments that have been collected over the years! This week's challenge is all about ORNAMENTS and implementing them into your Christmas cards! You can read all about the rules and guidelines HERE as well as see the other cards from the rest of the design team.                      

My card for today uses one of my favorite stamp sets Vintage Ornaments II and is the perfect starting point for my card! I embossed them in gold powder onto watercolor paper so that I could use one of my favorite mediums; Zig Gansai Tambi Pearl Watercolors. I used them a TON on many of my summer designs, but I haven't used them recently. They are perfect for creating vintage ornaments. I used the coordinating Die Cuts to cut them out.
To create the background, I heat embossed the pine branches (from a an old SU! set called Peaceful Wishes) using Shimmering Pearl embossing powder. It is one of my favorites and is perfect for the look of the snowy branches I was hoping to achieve. I used Pine distress ink and sponged it all over the embossed branches! I just love how it turned out!
I added the ornaments to the card front after I had laced them with silver cord taped to the back. I also added some Nuvo Crystal Glaze here and there on portions of the ornaments for some added interest.

The "holiday" portion of the sentiment is die cut out  I layered it twice and then adhered it to the card using liquid glue. The "cheer" sentiment is heat embossed in gold and is from the Christmas Cheer stamp set. I really like the vintage feel that I created with this card! I hope you get a chance to play along! Thanks for fluttering by!

25 comments:

Deborah Saaranen said...

Kelly: loving this gorgeous Christmas design! My favorite of all I have seen this year!

Linda said...

This is beautiful, Kelly. Thanks for the fun challenge. Hope you have a great week.

Allie said...

Stunning Christmas card! I really like your beautiful design!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So elegant, Kelly - just love your trio of vintage ornaments! Thanks for a fun challenge this week!!

jan metcalf said...

Your card is very pretty!!

Karen L K said...

Wow love your card! Such a pretty color combination!

Vicki Finger said...

You have become one of my favorite designers - This is so beautiful! I have this stamp set in my to be sold pile but I'm going to have to pull it out now. Your Gansai Starry Color seem like they have more color in them than their Finetec counterpart, do you have both? I have Finetec but I really don't feel the color is very saturated compared to what you are showing here. Just beautiful, Kelly!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Vicki! You totally made my day! I haven't used the Finetic paints. I've wanted them, but haven't pulled the trigger. I did blend them together to create new colors, which I love!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Jan! I appreciate your comment!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you! I appreciate your sweet comment!

stampwithsandy said...

Wow, gorgeous card! I love the colors and those vintage ornaments!

Marcia Hill said...

What a lovely, lovely card Kelly! Your detail on everything from those beautiful pearl branches to the GORGEOUS trio of water colored ornaments is fantastic! Love, LOVE this card! Hope you're having a wonderful week!! :0)

Unknown said...

Kelly, I love your vintage ornaments Christmas cards... I love all of the details with the embossed holly background. What a great color combo as well. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Lady Joyful said...

Such a fun card, Kelly! Those ornaments look just fabulous.

Susan Joyce said...

Love the pearl colours you used for the ornaments Kelly, your Christmas card is so soft and pretty.

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

These are gorgeous ornaments !!

Notes by Nina said...

Stunning card Kelly, I love your gorgeous ornaments and the beautiful colours you used.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

STUNNING! The colours are AMAZING!!!!!!!

Robyn Oliver said...

Gorgeous card Kelly, love all the elements and the very pretty colorus

ElizStewart said...

WOW... love the 50s feel of these ornaments... reminds me of growing up. Such a lovely card!

lritchie said...

Wow, lovely card, just love these vintage christmas ornaments, takes me back to a long ago time!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Too gorgeous for words!!!!!!!!!

JoAnn said...

Love your gorgeous ornaments and the pretty design. They are colored very pretty.

g said...



lovely