Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Keeping Christmas {Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow}

"I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year long!" ~Charles Dickens

Welcome to November's installment of my Keeping Christmas 2017 series! I have been having all sorts of fun putting this post together! There is something very therapeutic about sewing for me!



For today's project, I sewed up 6 rice warmer bags using some left over flannel from last year. This is actually the third year in a row that I have used these three patterns because I love them so much and the fabric store was still carrying them last year. I love making the rice warmer bags because they are gender neutral and a useful gift. If you want to read more about the actual rice warmers, you can visit Thimbles and Thread My paper tags that I made to use to package them up were directly inspired by the fabric, as you can see!


To begin, I cut 6 tags to 3 1/2 by 4 1/4 inches and used my corner tag punch to make them into tags. My MISTI came in very handy for this project; I added all of the stamps on the door and then inked them all up at once! I just love this tool for mass producing a particular design. I used Fair Isle Motifs to recreate the look of the flannel. I love when I have the "perfect" stamp set!
 
The "let it snow" die cut was cut using silver glitter paper and the Christmas Cheer Die.I applied it directly over the fair isle image. The glitter made it really hard to photograph, unfortunately. 
The "let it snow" stamped portion is heat embossed in silver onto black strips using the Christmas Cheer stamp set.  I wanted to incorporate the black of the other two flannel prints so that it would make sense when they get packaged up. I always package my rice warmers with a canister of hot chocolate in a cellophane wrapper. 




I'm so excited to have 6 more Christmas gifts ready to go! November will be my last Keeping Christmas post for 2017, but I will still be sharing holiday projects throughout December! I still haven't decided if I will do it again in 2018, but knowing me, I won't be able to resist! I have some fun things happening the rest of the week so stay tuned!  Thanks for fluttering by!






No comments: