Saturday, September 16, 2017

Hello, Birthday Girl!

 I'm just popping in with a sweet and simple card I whipped up last minute for my daughter to take to a birthday party tonight! Once again, I thought I'd better post something before Monday rolls around and I share a new Christmas design! LOL! I'm completely missing my lazy summer days that meant as much creative time as I liked! I guess all good things must come to an end! 
 I picked up this super cute gift sack that you can see in the background that inspired the simplicity of the design. My first instinct was to use Pedal Pusher but I ALWAYS use that so I decided to simplify and use one of my more underutilized stamp sets;Everyday Button Bits. There's not much to color and the buttons do all the work since they look so darn cute! 



I did minimal coloring with just a touch of Wink of Stella on the bike and then just a tiny amount of Nuvo Crystal glaze on  the seat for a fun, retro vibe. My brother had this bike with a blue banana seat that was made of blue glittery plastic that I LOVED! I wanted to recreate that look on my card!



Last, but not least, I used the Hello, You stamp set from CZ design that I got for my birthday...at the beginning of AUGUST and this was the first time I used it! I still have a STACK of stamps from my birthday that remain unopened and uninked! Hangs head in shame! I've decided that I'm going to bag the housecleaning and just focus on stamping and see how that works out! LOL! Thanks for fluttering by!


No comments: