Thursday, June 15, 2017

The Challenge #87 Always here for you!


I'm back today sharing my card for this week's color challenge from The Challenge! As you can see, my mind didn't translate the blue color as well as I thought~ LOL! My mind said "Mint" so I used Mint, but it's definitely a little bluer. Maybe I'll get a chance to make a  new card this week using the right color! Anyway, I really hope you take the time to play along this week! You can read all about it HERE! You won't want to miss what the other designers have created as well!
I've been doing a lot of watercolor backgrounds and things lately so I decided to work on something nice and clean. I started by stamping the leaves from Brushed Blooms in Mint Julep and the shadows in Vintage Jadeite. The flowers were stamped in Cameo Coral and Melon Mamba inks.

The mint cardstock was die cut using the You've Been Framed; Oval die. It brought in just the right amount of color for balance and contrast.
The two sentiments are both heat embossed using Copper powder. I really wanted to keep the sentiment as near to the challenge colors as well, and I thought copper was a great choice!
I added some crystal clear Nuvo drops and sequins to finish it off, as well as a tiny spritz of cameo coral ink here and there. Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so gorgeous, Kelly!

Kim Heggins said...

Love your sweet card...just so beautiful.

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card, your flowers are stunning and I love the frame.

Claire Broadwater said...

Kelly, this is gorgeous! Your flowers are just gorgeous and I love your layout! XX