Saturday, May 27, 2017

Everyone needs a friend like you


 To say I have been having a ball creating cards this month would be an understatement. I have had so many ideas running through my mind and my hands can't catch up! I was happy to be able to sit down and make a birthday card for a dear friend's birthday this week. I was also happy that I FINALLY got the lace portion of the Mix and Mat: Scallops to cut! I was feeling super disappointed and even reached out to my amazing stamping friend Laurie to see if she had any ideas on what I should do. I did some rearranging of my cutting plates and used quite a stack of shims to finally get it to work. I'll apologize now for the amount of designs you will now be seeing with this! LOL!

 The design is natural and easy, nothing fussy or complicated...just how it needs to be sometimes.

 My sister gave me a fabulous paper pad from Michael's for Mother's Day that I can't seem to stop using. The lace looking background paper as well as the blue scalloped paper are both included in the collection.
 The lace background piece is adhered to an A-2 Kraft card base. I added a length of gold striped washi tape to the side for some added gold accents.
 The butterfly image was die cut using vellum and then heat embossed using gold powder. I contemplated layering them onto some die cut butterflies using the same lace background paper, but finally opted for the lighter, less fussy simplicity of just the vellum butterflies. The fabulous sentiment is from the newer Keep It Simple: Friendship stamp set from Papertrey Ink. I really love it and I can see me reaching for it often.
 The lace piece was die cut and then layered onto another piece of Kraft card stock. As much as I love seeing the peek-a-boo of the lace, I really liked the look that I achieved with it layered as well. 

 I felt like the pattern from the blue piece would make the card feel a little too busy. I did leave a single layer of lace with this exact paper on some tags I made on Sunday, that I loved, but decided against it on this design.

A few burnished gold sequins finish the design off. I really like how this turned out. I hope that my friend likes it as well. I am putting together a "Scentsational" birthday gift for her that will include all kinds of smelly things that us crazy ladies like! LOL! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Sandy Kay said...

Kelly, I absolutely LOVE this! I'm really enjoying your posts! Look forward to coming here to see what you've created!

Anonymous said...

Stunning card. Love the composition and the colors.
Nice work!