Monday, March 27, 2017

Happy Mail



Now that Christmas is over for the month {he he} I decided to embrace the amazing Spring that we are enjoying here in Utah. While today, and the last little bit has been rainy, we have been blessed with a most glorious beginning of Spring! My daffodils and hyacinths are blooming, with a few tulips well on their way! 

Today's card uses quite the potpourri of some of my favorite stamps: Post and Parcel, Graceful Greetings, Bitty Bouquets and Garden Gate. They are all by PTI and I just love the way I was able to incoporate them all into this Springy card!



The book I am reading for Book Club this month is "The Secret Garden" by Frances Hodgson Burnett and it is no wonder I am creating these kinds of cards. If you haven't ever read it, I suggest you do so right away. My mom used to read it to my sister and I at bedtime when I was little so it holds a very dear place in my heart. It is the most perfect book to be reading at this exact time of year!
The "thinking of you" sentiment was stamped in Versamark ink and then heat embosses using gold powder onto a piece of Stamper's Select white card stock that was diecut using a Nestabilities die. I cut it so that it would lay diagonally across the "Pretty in Pink" card base that was dry embossed with a cuttlebug embossing folder. The lattice "fence" piece was die cut using one of the fabulous dies included in the "Garden Gate" make it market kit from PTI. I had already stamped the Wisteria from an earlier project, which I will be sharing soon. It was the perfect backdrop for the "Aqua Mist" mail box. The mailbox is stuffed full of bitty bouquets stamped in some fun springy colors. A little bow of black baker's twine is the finishing touch! I had a lot of fun creating this card for a dear friend! It is in the mail and hopefully she will get it tomorrow! Join me soon as I share another set of cards inspired by my book! Thanks for fluttering by!

No comments: