Friday, June 17, 2016

There's no place like home!

Before I begin, I wanted to let you know I posted a little project over on Thimbles and Thread if you're interested. I made it for a baby shower last month and never got around to posting it until now. If you follow me on Instagram you may have already seen it.

Okay, on to today's project; A new family moved into our culdesac and I wanted to send a little welcome goody and card over to them. I had so much fun with the leaf garland on my last card, I thought I would use it again.  To begin, I created a card base using Kraft card stock. Then I created a wood grain background using the wood grain impression plate from PTI. I just love the look and feel it gives the card. Once I had that done, I got to work die cutting all of the other pieces. I also used the PTI set, Boards and Beams, which is one of my favorites but I don't have the chance to use it a lot.




 The leaf garland was cut using Sage Shadow card stock and then the flowers are Aqua mist, Cameo Corral and yellow. The house and topiary plants were cut out of white card stock. The house was colored using Prismacolor and Copic markers. The topiary plants were selectively inked using a sage shadow and chocolate chip Stampin' Write marker.





I really wanted to add this sentiment but didn't want to cover up any of the fun details. I chose to stamp it using StazOn ink onto a strip of acetate for a seamless look. I also added a bit of black baker's twine and some sequins.

For the goody, I made a quick box out of Kraft card stock. I stamped white polka dots over the front panel using Polka Dot basics from PTI. I actually used this set again on a cute summer banner I made the other day which I will be sharing soon. The bow....I just love the bow. I used the wood grain impression plate again on the bow to tie it in nicely to the card. Isn't that a fun touch? I haven't seen that done before, but I'm sure it has been and I am late to the party! Ha ha! The tag was heat embossed using gold embossing powder.  The "hello" sentiment is from Graceful Greetings and it has become a fast favorite. I stamped the flowers that also come in the set with the same colors I used on the card for continuity. I filled it up with yummy chocolate and got it over to them ASAP! Thanks for fluttering by!

1 comment:

jan metcalf said...

Love your No Place Like Home card!