Friday, June 26, 2015

YOU {deserve the very best}

 Ack! I didn't think I would be gone so long! I have been wanting to be creative but my kid's summer schedules are insane! I did make a few Father's Day cards but didn't get them on the blog. 
 A few weeks ago I got out my "Rose Garden" candle from Bath and Body Works that I have had for a few years. The design on the outside inspired me for today's design. It has gold embossed roses with loose water coloring that I just love.The roses from the SU! set "5th Avenue Floral" were an almost identical match. I colored the roses in pink and then I added some turquoise for a nice cool and soothing background and it is also one of my favorite color combos. I watercolored the roses and the background and then used the color spritzer tool and a "Taken With Teal" marker to add some spritzing. I added a wash of water hoping that the speckles would spread but it didn't work as well as I hoped. I still like the result, though.
The "you" sentiment was diecut using gold card stock. I then heat embossed the other sentiment onto a strip of black paper using detail white embossing powder. The finishing touch was a few gold sequins and a bow of black twine. I really hope the recipient is cheered by today's design. Thanks for fluttering by!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

This is beautiful! I love that set! And the pop of blue adds a lot! :)