Saturday, June 13, 2015

Thanks, Teacher!

 Today is the last day of school! Yipee! By the time you'll be reading this, summer vacation will be in FULL swing! I wasn't planning on doing any end of year gifts, but guilt and tradition crept in and so here we are! LOL! I decided to keep it simple, yet thoughtful.
 I ran to the store, picked up a couple bags of Hershey's Nuggets and a few multi packs of $10 Applebee's gift cards and got to work.  I decided to sway from traditional apples and stereotypical colors and make something a little bit more modern. I chose to use my pink and navy paper pad for the entire ensemble. 
 I cut strips of pattern paper into 1 inch by 2 3/4 inch strips and wrapped them around each candy. Once that was done, I slipped them into a pretzel cello bag. I slid a larger print pattern paper into each bag to serve as a background for the cute little chocolates. I made a simple topper using the "Teach and Inspire" stamp set from PTI. It is the perfect sentiment and it is already "styled" so it was perfect for this project! It was stamped in Pink Passion ink which is a nice match for the paper.
You can see the different papers that I used here. They are so cute! These would make darling birthday or wedding favors as well. 
I really wanted to make pillow boxes for the gift cards, but the pattern paper was a smaller pad, so I had to make some gift card holders. The size of the paper was perfect, however, and I didn't have to trim it at all! I did a few score lines and used some adhesive and I was done with the assembly. For the embellishment, I used the new "Bitty Bouquets" stamp set and dies from PTI.. I used one each of the four images. The paper is such a light weight that I was able to make it just "tuck" into the circle piece so I didn't need to use any adhesive or velcro. Easy Peasy! No more assignments, no more deadlines, no more projects! Let summer begin!!!!!! Thanks for fluttering by!

P.S. I am toying around with the idea of starting yet ANOTHER blog. Stay tuned for the possible debut!

3 comments:

Debra said...

I always enjoy seeing your work and always love your projects. These treat sets are no exception! Beautiful job as always and I love your choice of colors. A great way to end the school year!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. Love the card and candy combo!

TeresaC said...

These are great Kelly!! I love that you used non-traditional patterns and colors for your teacher projects!!