Sunday, June 28, 2015

Hello There

I decided to get a little creative today and make my own faux "Stacked Sentiments". I was super tempted to buy that set when it came out, but when I looked at it, it seemed like it was just more of what I already have. I really liked the idea of it, so I got to work using the supplies I already have to make my own version. I used the "Oval You've been framed" mini stamp set as well as the uppercase alphabet dies from PTI. They were just the right size for all of the leaves and flowers included in the set. 
 My color palette was inspired by a primitive sampler type look. I got to work die cutting the letters and then stamping the leaves and flowers. Aren't they sweet? I wanted to give them a little more bang for their buck, so I diecut the "ocean tides" piece for a nice background.  The "there" die cut piece was from the new "scripted" die that I just love. I can tell these will be used often.
 I love the use of black for a striking background so I made a little banner piece to anchor the focal image. The mustard paper was dry embossed using a cuttlebug embossing folder. I really like the subtle detail that helps make the whole design pop. The finishing touch was a spritzing of chalkboard ink onto the entire front panel using an American crafts chalkboard marker and my color spritzing tool. I love how it turned out and I am sure that little marker will be dry in no time if I keep using it like that.
I popped everything up for some extra dimension. I can't wait to try making other words in this way. Thanks for fluttering by!

No comments: