Thursday, June 4, 2015

Graceful Thanks

 One of the main reasons why I wanted "Graceful Greetings" was so I could create fast, simple, yet elegant cards. I needed 8 Thank You cards for all of the ladies who helped me during Teacher Appreciation Week and I was tempted to just go and buy some. Does that seem like something I would do? I mean, really....what was I thinking?!? Fortunately, my PTI order arrived just in time to save me from my temporary lapse in sanity! 
 I quickly scored and cut all of the card bases and set those aside.  I knew I wanted to used these scrumptious papers from Heidi Swapp's "Sugar Chic" line. I cut 4 each of 2 designs. Once I had the paper strips applied to the bases, I got busy stamping. I chose all of my colors based on the colors from the floral piece. 
 They all worked up so quickly and I was done before I knew it. I knew I wanted a strip of gold glitter on the pattern paper and that is really what took up the majority of the time, but all of that shine is DEFINITELY worth it! 
 I added 3 gold sequins to each of the cards. I wanted the cards to have a "boutique chic" feel and I think all of the tiny details deliver.
Here they are; all ready to be mailed. I also love that they are nice and flat and won't require any extra postage, but I didn't have to sacrifice style. Now I want to make an all occasion card set with each of the sentiments that are included in the collection. Wouldn't that make a lovely gift? I think so. I would love to receive something like that. Thanks for fluttering by!

1 comment:

yvette said...

I love these cards... What a great job sooooo pretty...