Friday, May 29, 2015

Hello

 I was so excited when the doorbell rang and it was the postman with a package for ME! I wasn't even expecting it since I hadn't gotten a shipping notice yet! What a fun surprise! I have been dying to play around with "Graceful Greetings" since it came out. I needed a few cards for the ladies that I go visiting teaching to, so I got to work!
 The first thing I did, was emboss "hello" using a very old, but much loved embossing powder from SU! called "Vintage Verdigris". For those of you who have been around for a while know that it is one of my all time favorites and I was super irritated when it was retired back in my SU! days. I resurrected it for today's project and can forsee it being used for lots more things! It has lots of different specks in it for a beautiful effect. It looks like copper after it has aged. 
 Once I had it embossed, I added the flowers and leaves. This was my first time getting it inky and I can see where I need to improve with the placement, but I had fun anyway. I also did a little swiss dot dry embossing for some fun!
The two arrows were diecut using Spellbinders dies. I also used a bit of ribbon twine and a mini clothes pin for some added dimension. Thanks for fluttering by!

P.S. I had some other fun goodies delivered as well, so stay tuned for some projects using those!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the colors! Cute card and nice layout.