Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Celebrating {YOU} today

{Have courage and be kind}...can you guess which movie I went and saw last night? That's right, Cinderella! I absolutely LOVED it! I took my daughter and we had such a good time together.  Today's card was inspired by it as well. I love, love, love the french country look and I used Ella's dress that she was wearing when she and her mom were outside their Chateau as the main inspiration!

 I also decided to participate in a
challenge that I stumbled across today while "pinning" teacher appreciation ideas.  Someone had "pinned" a card that led me to the challenge. You can read about it here . In traveling to find that challenge, I also found this challenge, which I think this card fits those parameters as well.  I haven't been a "challenge" kind of gal in quite a while and as I was reflecting on that, I realized that maybe that has a part to play with the cobwebs that seem to be clinging to my creativity. So...with that being said, I think I will be playing and having a little bit more fun!  Funny story for today...I took time out of my morning to make this card and thus, I was late getting my kids lunch, which led to me running around like a chicken with its head cut off getting my son ready to go to preschool, which led to him saying, "If you didn't make THAT card, I wouldn't be late!" which led to me being curt with my husband when he called as I was frantically dashing around trying to get his shoes, etc. which ALL led to him calling to tell me preschool was....CANCELLED today!  Seriously? LOL!
 Today's card features an oldie, but definitely a goodie as well as a new set from PTI.  I like how well they mix together for a fun card!  The older set is "Rosie Posie that I used for the leaf layer as well as the two red flowers and the new set is "You've been framed; Oval" mini stamp set....LOVE!  I really love the way the two symmetrical designs really make everything come together. I had originally planned on having the oval focal image simply be a "flower" for the stem, but really liked the ornate design it made when paired with its twin.  I think I am going to have to use this in the future. I used a piece of vellum that is adhered directly to the white base and stamped the background image that comes with the "Rosie Posie" set in white onto the vellum. It is hard to see in the photo, but if you look closely at the right corner on the bottom you can make it out. It is subtle, but adds just the right touch.




I love the way the doily is sandwiched between the two blue layers for just a hint of extra detail. I also added some baker's twine and a few white sequins to finish it off. It has a lot of layers but I still think it has a nice clean feel as well.  Thanks for fluttering by!

3 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful combination of sets! I love this folk art look. My girls loved Cinderella too!

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Kelly! It's so pretty and feminine and the design is wonderful.
I love your story about "THAT CARD" lol.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx