Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Inspired Thanks



As a creative person, it is common to look for and find inspiration EVERYWHERE! I don't know when I realized that I didn't look for it as often anymore and I surely wasn't finding it, either.  Maybe because hauling 3 toddlers/preschoolers around with me everywhere I go exhausts me mentally, physically and creatively. Maybe because I was forgetting some of the parts of me that make me....well, me!  I used to "see" a project literally everywhere I went or with everything I did. Those days have faded and aren't as much a part of me anymore, but I am not willing to give up on myself...because that part of me is something that I liked.  So...with all of this being said, I have cleared the cobwebs from my eyes as well as my "mind's eye" and have started to look for inspiration again!  Today's card is part of that journey.
 The inspiration for today's card came from some super cute tags that I found here. I love them...so springy and cheerful!  The first step was to create the tag; I liked the texture that the inspiration tags had so I used the woodgrain embossing plate from PTI. The cardstock is Sahara Sand from SU! and I am not quite sure if they still have it.  It is one of my favorites, though.  I knew from the get go which flowers I would be using; Rosie Posie and Rosie Posie 2 or shadows or something like that! I used Pink Pirouette ink and Rose Red from SU!...I thought they looked the most like the ones that the tags used.




 Once I had all of my flowers cut and stamped, I added the sentiment. It was stamped using Versamark ink and then embossed using detail white embossing powder. I really wanted to make sure it all got down in the impressions of the woodgrain. It worked out well. I found a piece of background paper that I used on my baby's first year mini album that I made a while back. It was perfect. It added just the right amount of detail while keeping the design simple. I didn't want to take away from the original inspiration too much.

I used the gold sequins that I bought in the set that I talked about the other day.  I love them. I also add some dew drops to the flowers for an extra bit of dimension.  The baker's twine on the tag was the finishing touch as well as a little zig zag stitching. Thanks for fluttering by and coming along on my inspired journey!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In case no one has mentioned it, Stampin' Up! still makes Sahara Sand...it is one of my favorite neutrals...as well as Pink Pirouette and Rose Red. That combination made your card so perfect!