Thursday, May 29, 2014

Little Acorns

 Can I be honest? I think we've been friends long enough, right? Okay, here goes; I am REALLY burned out on teacher cards! LOL! I made so much stuff for Teacher Appreciation Week, I really got a good dose of it! I am ready for summer, sunshine, no homework and fun, fun, fun!!!!! I have been counting down the days and now it is finally here! So...I made my daughter's teacher a very simple card. I checked out this week's mojo monday sketch and was thrilled to see it fit the bill perfectly.  It was supposed to be tall and skinny, but I had already cut the base and floral layer, so it is a standard size. Oh yeah...before I forget, I made a baby ensemble that you can check out here if you are interested!




 I love, love, love this quote and knew I wanted to use it for the card. Because of the sketch, I knew I would want the tree to be die-cut, but the tree that is included in this set doesn't have a coordinating die or at least, I don't have it if they do. So....I used "Trendy Tree Tops" for the tree and trunk.


 I kept all of the details simple as well and even used the white hearts from the tree when I diecut it...twice because I accidentally used a dirty piece of paper. I did take the extra time to die-cut a red felt heart to go inside the tree as well as a tiny bird from one of the other dies in the set. These are the little details that really can make a difference, though.



I stamped another sentiment on the inside and called it good. I got her teacher an Olive Garden gift card that I will tuck inside. Easy Peasy and I am sure she will like it! Thanks for fluttering by!

P.S. I have a little birthday ensemble to share with you soon!

1 comment:

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a sweet card! I love the sentiment and the stamping on the inside!