Wednesday, May 14, 2014

I'll always love you!


Can I just say how much I love my daughter? She is the greatest! She has a field trip today and when she wrote out the grocery list of what she needed in her lunch she wrote all kinds of treats, but she also asked for a "lunch note from  mom". How cute is that? How could I NOT include THAT!!! When I showed this card to my husband he said,"Wow! I thought you were just going to rip a piece of note paper and write something." Doesn't he know me well enough by now? So...this little gem is for my darling Emma!  I just have to make sure she doesn't see it until lunch time. My husband is going with her so hopefully he can help keep it hidden until then.




I chose a bright, fun, cheery color combination that seems perfect for a 5th grader. I diecut the saying four times; once with coral cardstock, once with spring moss cardstock, again with brown cardstock and finally out of the pattern paper I used in the shaker part. I also made a sweet little felt heart stack to incorporate some more "love" into the card.
The portion where I stamped "sweetheart" is actually just a piece of pattern paper that happened to have a paper clip printed on it. I thought it was perfect for a "school" lunch. For the shaker, I added two different colored sequins and some seed beads. I chose a fun floral pattern paper for the background as well to give it some extra dimension. It is slightly different than the card base. I also scattered a few of the same sequins that I used inside the shaker scattered here and there on the card as well.



 I chose all of my patterned paper from a paper pad, but chose to use patterns I have never used before. I seem to gravitate towards the same ones all of the time and I decided to mix things up.  I hope she is pleasantly surprised to see that everything on her list was taken care of and that she has a fun time with her Dad on the field trip! Thanks for fluttering by!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great Note from mom. Something to put away and save for when she gets older too. Love the card!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great shaker card! Love all the different colors/piecing you did with the die cut too!

Tanya said...

This is so sweet! :) Love those kids who notice what mom does! :)