Thursday, May 9, 2013

Here comes baby in the baby carriage!

ETA: The baby carriage is from the Papertrey Ink set "Bitty Baby Blessings" and it also has a coordinating die.I have been working on two baby gifts this week and I was sick of sewing, so I sat down to make the coordinating cards. I made two identical cards, but obviously just photographed the one.  I happened to have a Mojo Monday sketch all printed out and waiting for me to try, so I used it.  I used some super old SU! paper for this design because it coordinated nicely with the fabrics I am using.  It's always nice to use up old stuff!
 I die-cut the carriage and then paper pieced the striped paper. Once that was done, I colored the rest of the image using my Copic markers.  I added some glossy accents to the bottom striped part of the carriage.  The finishing touch was to add some adhesive pearls to the handle and hinge.  I wanted to keep it sweet and feminine.
I made some rolled roses that I die-cut out of felt as well as the ric-rac at the bottom.  I had  alot of fun putting these cards together and hopefully I will get the rest of the items made for the gift ensemble. I have to have both of them done by Friday.  Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

KimCreate said...

Beautiful. I recognized the sketch immediately! What company makes the baby carriage image?

Anonymous said...

I love this Kelly....such a precious combination of papers and colors. Ditto on the Baby Carriage? Where from?

Anonymous said...

When shopping for kids, you can easily go overboard. You want to get toys and other things that light up and that make noise and play music, anything that will keep the kid entertained.
babies

Zoe said...

Beautiful. I recognized the sketch immediately!
pillow radio vintage
burlap decorative pillows
burlap pillows vintage