Friday, May 31, 2013

Fabulous Birthday

Here is the 2nd design in my card set.  I was excited to use this set because I had just bought the coordinating dies. Baby button bits has been one of my favorites since it came out and I was super excited when the coordinating dies just came out in May!  I love this cupcake image and use it quite a bit either for baby or for birthday.
 If any of you were keeping up with my last set of cards I made a few months back, you might remember that I said that I used old sketches to keep things moving along. I did the same thing with this set and this is a semi-recent Mojo Monday sketch.

Rather than add a button on top, like the stamp set suggests, I used a rolled felt rose.  If you haven't noticed...I am just a little bit obsessed.  I added a little pearl to the center for some added interest as well as some glitter on the icing of the cupcake.  I paper pieced the cupcake liner which is one of my favorite things to do with this particular image.






The finishing touches are some ribbon folded in half with a button and twine cinching it in half.  I also used the new label and die from the Boutique collection from PTI. The coordinating phrases are for baby, but this birthday sentiment worked just as well.  A button and stitching at the top finished it off! Thanks for fluttering by!

P.S. When my husband saw this card he mentioned that it looked like it was for a juvenile girl, but I had intended it to be for any female. You will have to let me know what you think.

2 comments:

katrynka said...

I think it's great for any age!

Anonymous said...

It seems to me to be versatile enough for anyone. Love the colors and the buttons and flower!