Thursday, April 25, 2013

Sweet Little "Bunny"

 I spent the afternoon working on a little baby girl gift ensemble that my sister asked me to make for a co-worker of hers.  She only asked me to make some shoes, but I couldn't help making a matching bib and headband.  Once I was done with that, I thought she might like a card to go with it as well.  She really likes buying Hallmark cards, so maybe she won't use it, but I had fun making it.  If she doesn't need it, I will happily add it to my stash.  You can check out the baby ensemble HERE.
 This little bunny is the ultimate "paper pieced" creation I have made in a while.  Each section is pieced with a different pattern.  I couldn't resist adding some pink "flower soft" flocking to the tail and nose. Once I was done getting it all pieced, I added some glossy accents to the ear portion for some extra dimension and shine.  The flowers were made using some of my recently purchased 3-D rolled flower die cuts from My Favorite Things.  I have added them to a few projects recently, but nothing that I can show you right now.  I was also thrilled to use this button! Do you ever have buttons that have words on them that you pick out, but the words aren't fitting for the card?  I liked how this one fit with the baby card.
My last addition, which turned out to be a regret was the die-cut felt ric-rac.  I sewed it on CROOKED!!!!! GRRRR! Do you know how mad I was?  I was all done and decided that it needed a bit of stitching!  I usually sew quite straight, but not today!  Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the only person that would notice crooked! Beautiful and I want to know if you make the baby shoes to sell? Love the whole thing!

crschaf said...

This is one beautiful card! I would frame this for babys room.

Mary said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous bunny!! and another beautiful card. I have looked closely at the card and I can't see where the ric rac is crooked, and I'm sure no one else will either. Can't imagine why your SIL would want to buy shop cards when she could have your lovely ones.
Mary

Kathlene said...

What a gorgeous piece of art/card...I agree. If I received this, I would frame it. Awesome talent. Hugs, Kathy