Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Secretary "Thanks"

 Just a quick little post to share with you today! Yesterday I glanced at the calendar as I was passing by and noticed that today is "Administrative Professionals Day" or in other words; Secretaries!  I decided to whip something up for my daughter to give to the school secretaries today.  I used the PTI pillow box die, apple die and frame die.  I can't live without my dies!  They make life so easy!  Part of me really didn't want to go for a traditional school theme, but use flowers or something instead, but in the end I realized that I have such few chances to use the "school" stuff that I should go with that!  The apples were stamped with Pure Poppy ink and the leaves in Simply Chartreuse.  I chose black for the frame to kind of give it a "Mary Engelbreit" feel.  I chose three ribbons because I couldn't choose just one.  I made six, so there was two of each ribbon.
I really like the "Teach and Inspire" stamp set because there are sentiments in there that aren't just for the teacher, like this one for example. I put a package of cinnamon trident gum in each pillow box to coordinate with the colors.  Just something quick, but I hope that you enjoyed them! Thanks for fluttering by!

P.S. Something funny....when my son saw the pillow boxes without the tags, he asked why I made something for the school secretaries out of empty toilet paper rolls! LOL!

No comments: