Monday, March 25, 2013

Up, up and away...it's your Birthday!

 Here is design #4! I am really on a roll! I decided I better get a few masculine cards in the set before I got too far and didn't end up with any! LOL!  I am really feeling good about my progress. I have already completed my next set as well.  We will be having some tiling done next week, so I want to be finished before that begins. I decided to maximize my time by printing off some sketches. What I did was,I went to the Mojo Monday blog and found sketches that inspired me and then I printed them off. I decided which stamps and theme I would use for each card to help even more. I was finding that each set was taking me way longer than it needed to, simply because I was fiddling with layout, etc. too much. These cards came together a lot quicker because of my strategy.  I don't remember which sketch number this is but I am wanting to say 278?  I know that it was relatively recent.
 I also decided to use two different sentiments to really maximize my time. I knew that this design could work well for both an older male as well as a little boy.  You can see the two sentiments in the top photo.  The "up, up and away" sentiment is from the "Little Hot Rod" set from PTI and the "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from "Father Knows Best" also from PTI.
 This airplane is one of my favorites to use. I bought the coordinating die a while ago, but this is the first time I have used it. Can I just say LOVE?!!!!  One of my favorite things to do with this little airplane is to paper piece the body of the plane. I like to use pattern paper and then apply some glossy accents to give it a shiny look.  I used a cuttlebug embossing folder for the main background which really gave it some texture and dimension. I used to use them all the time, but haven't for a while so it was nice to get them out again.  I did stray a bit from the sketch and added the sentiments and banner flags to the side. I chose a copper brad to attach the sentiment to bring some more orange to the design. I really like orange, but it can take over if you aren't careful.  I didn't use any ribbon on this design, but the fiber from the wool felt die-cut rick rack fulfills that need, I guess.
I had a lot of fun working on this design. It is relatively simple, but I think it works nicely for a manly/boyish card.  I will be sharing my next design soon so stay tuned! Thanks for fluttering by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the layout on this card and the colors!