Friday, March 29, 2013

Sending Birthday Wishes

 I had a lot of fun creating these birthday cards. I had mentioned in my last post that I had better get a juvenile girl birthday card made, so I got right to it.  I asked my 9 year old daughter if she would be happy giving this card to one of her friends; she nodded excitedly so I guess it is a hit!   I hope that a tween or teenage girl would be happy with it also.
 It is a fun mix of PTI stamps that ended up by working well together. I used Butterfly Dreams, Postmark, Everyday button bits,& Just the Ticket.  I loved all of the colors in the paper! So bright and cheery and birthday-ish!  The papers are all from Hobby Lobby.
 I die-cut the tickets using the same yellow paper that I used in my last post.  I was happy it worked well since I didn't buy any paper to "go" with the polka dots. I bought the pink, but it was for a different project, yet it worked well, too. The butterflies were also die-cut and the flower is a Martha Stewart punch.  I used buttons to bring in some more color and detail.  The finishing touch is some machine stitching. I am glad that I left my machine out, because it is getting put to good use.  I didn't end up by putting any ribbon on it either. What is the world coming to. This is the 2nd design from the set that didn't use ribbon. I must not be right in the head. LOL!  Anyway...I have two more designs all made up and ready to show you. I still need to work on the last card which will be a baby design and then I am DONE!!!!!  Thanks for fluttering by!!!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Ha ha Kelly, it may not have ribbon but it does have the lovely ricrac trim. It is so bright and cheerful and a great way to use the ticket stamps.
Mary

Anonymous said...

I thought the ricrac was ribbon! Very colorful and spring like. Love it!

Tanya said...

Definitely! Girls of all ages would love this- the fun colors and the butterfly and the daisy...! :)