Friday, March 16, 2012

Lucky Me Banner

I thought I better get this posted before St. Patrick's Day comes and goes. I decided to make a new banner this year; one for upstairs and one for the entry way.I really wanted my banner longer than the one from last year, but I was really scratching my head trying to figure something out. We aren't Irish, so I couldn't do "Kiss me, I'm Irish" or anything like that. I decided just to go with "Lucky Me" and call it good. I used the PTI St. Patty's day set and another $1 stamp set I bought last year. The image that separates the two words is from Crafty Secrets.


I used my new crackle glossy accent stuff to coat the tiny stamps that I used at the top of each banner piece. I really like how it turned out even though it is hard to see in the photos. I also used the tag die-cut and coordinating stamp set "Just the Ticket" from PTI for some of the accents. I had used it in the card I made a post or two down and really wanted to incorporate it into the banner as well. I purchased all of the paper at Hobby Lobby and while it isn't St. Patricksy at all, I really like the feel. I also sewed up a little bench runner to tie everything together which you can see in the photo at the end of the post.

I decided to add a little circle of tulle to each of the accordion medallions. I had added them to a project that I did a week or so ago, which I will share later. I thought that adding a little more green couldn't hurt! I hope you all have a fun and green St. Patrick's Day. Don't get pinched! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the new banner. The letters look like tin or silver. Really pretty. So good to see you posting again! I missed you.

Heather Rogers said...

Love it and your work, but the pictures are soo tiny. You make the most amazing banners. :)