Saturday, March 12, 2011

Lucky to Count you as a Friend

I made ten of these little boxes/buckets for Emma's dance class. Her dance teacher also teaches Irish step dancing so she loves all things Irish. Her studio is decked out in shamrocks right now, but usually has one or two out year round. Even though Emma's class doesn't do the Irish dancing, I still thought it would be fun to take a "Lucky" treat! I have some more "St. Patty's day" projects I want to get done as well.


I kept things quite simple, but added some fun details to pull it all together. I made the standard 2-4-6-8 box and added a little handle attached with gold brads. These were really fast to make since you can get two from one piece of 8 1/2 by 11 inch cardstock. I do all of the scoring while it is still in one piece and then just slice it down the middle. On a side note, I don't think my Glorious Green ink pad or cardstock have ever seen this much attention! LOL! It is one of my most neglected colors.


The circle image was stamped using white ink onto the green cardstock and then punched out with a circle punch. I stamped the image again, this time onto white cardstock using Versamark ink. I then sprinkled heat and stick powder, heated it, and then dumped the green glitter over the top. I heat set it again to make sure the glitter stayed and then punched out the center bit using a smaller circle punch. I wanted to give it a little sparkle.



The sentiment is from the same PTI set as well as the little shamrock image next to "Lucky". I used "Limitless Labels" to make the shamrock labels to wrap around the nuggets. The finishing touch was a satin bow as well as a few gold coins on top for luck! I hope the girls like their little treat! Tomorrow I will be sharing my second project for Flourishes! Thanks for fluttering by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kelley, not sure what a 2-4-6-8 box is but it really looks cute. You need to do a tutorial!