Saturday, December 19, 2009

We Wish You a Merry Christmas....


and a Happy New Year!!!!
ETA: Thank you so much for all of your sweet comments! I had someone ask me where and how I did the picture of my children. I took the picture in our yard. I used Corel Paint Shop Pro for all of the photo editing. I used the "effects" category and changed it from color to Sepia Tone and then I used another effect by running it through the "time machine" option. I then used my text tool to add the "We Wish you a Merry Christmas" using one font in the color white. Then I changed the color and text and added the "and a happy new year" and adjusted the size and placement. I hope that makes sense! Again...thanks so much for all of your sweet comments!!!
I hope you all have had a wonderful week! I have been M.I.A. from the blog this week, but I have gotten alot of *other* things done! It feels good to be almost done with Christmas shopping and getting ready for baby! It has gotten to the point that I just want him here NOW!!!! I guess getting through Christmas would be best, though! LOL! I am glad that I have had the holidays to keep me occupied on other things rather than just counting down the days until the baby comes.

My card today is a bit on the non-traditional side, but I like the warm tones and I know exactly who will be getting this. I haven't inked my Thomas Kinkade images for a while, yet I didn't feel like doing a lot of time consuming coloring. Instead, I chose to create a Sepia toned image and took the color scheme from there. My dimensions are a bit off on the card, so you will definitely want to check out Jen's blog (link at the bottom) to see the correct dimensions.






The Thomas Kinkade images are all from Cornish Heritage Farms. They are really fun to work with, especially if you have extra time to do some coloring! Everything else is pretty straightforward, so I won't ramble on about the details. You know me; a little sponging, distressing, ribbon, lace and buttons and we are good to go! LOL!
Here is the photo of my kiddos that will be tucked inside the Christmas cards this year. No...I don't have them out, yet, but they will be going out today, so I better run! My daughter has her ballet recital tonight and I am so excited!!!


You won't want to miss the other SFYTT designers.
Jen Del Muro and Kim
Amy Rohl
Susan Liles and Amy Sheffer ,Leigh O' Brien!!!!!
Thanks for fluttering by!

16 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

This is SO gorgeous!!!

Marisa said...

Wonderful card and a great picture of your kids :D Can't believe you only have a month to go before the next bundle of joy joins your family :D Have a blessed Christmas!!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card! Love the vintage feel.

Danni said...

Such a gorgeous card and the photo of your kids is beautiful!

papertrails leaver said...

Such a beautiful card! That TK image is gorgeous! I love the photo of your children! absolutely lovely!

ChristineCreations said...

So warm and vintagy Kelly. Love how you've used the layout.

Such cute kids too! The last year you'll have just 2 in the picture :)

Amy Sheffer said...

Stunning!! I don't know how you do it - with every new creation, I'm even more blown away! Thanks for sharing your creativity!

Amy Sheffer said...

I don't know how I missed the kids the first time - what beautiful children and such a fantastic picture! Merry Christmas, Kelly!

Janice RR said...

As always, Kelly, this is absolutely beautiful! I love your style, and check your blog daily! I'll be watching for news of your new arrival too . .. he'll surely be joining an adorable brother and sister. Blessings for the holidays!

diane mcvey said...

Your card is beautiful, as are the children! How precious! And a new little guy waiting to enter the world!!! How exciting! These are the best years of your life!!! Babies are just the BEST!
I hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas, and the best to you in the New Year! I love your blog, your creations, and the beautiful work you do. Thank you for letting us be inspired by YOU! :D

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful card and the picture of your adorable kids is perfect for it!!!

Where did you have your children's picture taken? Did you print the sentiment on it yourself? If so, how did you get the two lines to overlap?

Thanks so much,

Jennifer

Elizabeth S. said...

Beautiful card! Love the vintage look!

Leigh OBrien said...

Another beautiful card, Kelly! Have a merry Christmas!

Missy said...

Absolutely precious. I LOVE Thomas Kinkade but have yet to purchase a stamp with his image on it. Your card does it so much justice. I love Kinkade because of his old vintage feel and you have duplicated that on this card beautifully.
Your kids are adorable. What a wonderful way to incorporate the vintage with your pictures. Great job!!!

Tanya said...

gorgeous- the card and the photo! :)

My Little Hobby said...

Kelly, I'm a huge fan of your cards, without a doubt. What I'm totally into as well is your photography and your family pictures. Beautiful! How do you make your pictures have the effects on them, with soft frames and vintage look? Is it a particular program? I love the one of your two older kids in the Christmas photo and if you have any pointers to share on that, I'd love to try to learn how to do that too. Thanks for all the inspiration.

--Kelly