Friday, December 11, 2009

Bundle of Joy Notecards

I promise this is one of the last baby gifts that I will be showing you. I still want to show you the project that my Mom is working on, but it's not ready yet. I am so glad that I got to work on all of the projects when I did, because my neice was born today! How exciting! I still haven't heard what they named her, but I can't wait to see her.


Every new mom needs Thank You cards on hand to send out once the baby has been born. I wanted to make a little set of notecards that were simple, easy and most of all; Mailable! I kept everything quite flat so that they woudn't require hand-cancelling or extra postage. I have had this little cuttlebug embossing folder with the baby pea that I have wanted to use, but never seem to. I was glad to be able to work it into this design.











The base for each card was created using Vintage Cream Cardstock. I embossed the Pink covers using the Swiss Dot Embossing folder by Provo Craft. I tied a simple knot of pink gingham ribbon that I picked up at Hobby Lobby quite a while ago. The scallops were made using Nestabilities dies and the pink circles were punched with a 1 3/4 inch circle punch by SU!. Once the circles were punched, I embossed each one with the pea die from Provo Craft. I also stamped each one with the "Thanks so much" sentiment from Mixed Messages and the inside with "You're Too Kind" from the same set. I packaged the cards and envelopes in a Clearly Creative Card Box which I love because it makes everything look really professional.

To tie everything together, I sewed a quick bag using some of the fabric I used for the bib that I showed a couple of days ago. I trimmed all of the edges using Pinking Shears for a quick, easy presentation. I made a tag to go along with it using the same supplies as I did on the card.
I was telling my Mom that it was funny that if I made a fabric project, I made a paper package for it, but if it is a paper project, it gets a fabric package! Go figure!!!
I hope everyone is having a fun, festive holiday season. I have come to realize that it just doesn't last long enough. I can't believe how quickly the days slip by! I still have enough on my list to keep me occupied for some time! LOL! Thanks for fluttering by!
I will be back tomorrow with a new SFYTT!!!!

10 comments:

Norine said...

these are so cute and pretty I am having my first grand child and this would be perfect to give my son
Hugs
Norine

Kay said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE all of this! The cards, the fabric package, the colors! I'm going to save this in my "ideas" package and see what I can muster up along these lines ... it's just too good! I love your blog!!

jan metcalf said...

Congratulations Auntie! Beautiful baby projects! Love the colors, use of fabric, idea of thank you cards.

Robin McK said...

Hi Kelly!
Love this project - it is so sweet!

Heather said...

I have a good friend who just had a baby girl a few days ago. I am going to have to make her a set like this. I don't mind all the baby stuff you have been blogging about. Mine is a boy who is going to be 10 in few weeks. Nice to see baby stuff again. :o)

Anonymous said...

Kelly your baby thanks you's are gorgeous. Wishing the good Lord will wrap his arms around you and your new baby and your baby will be healthy as will you.
Wishing you God's blessings.
~Pam
http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/

Christi Flores said...

What precious baby thank you's and that package is awesome!!!

Tami McBeain said...

These are so sweet and I love your little fabric card pouch.

Chriss Blagrave said...

Beautiful package Kelly. Love the cards, that pea in the pod embossing is quite precious. Love how you incorporated the beautiful fabric and created the pouch holder! Hope you are feeling well ;)!

Christine Blain said...

ADORABLE!!!!!